x11drv: (bug 4685) some ALT+key combos processed incorrectly

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Tue Mar 21 19:19:12 CST 2006

Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 3:49:53 PM, tkho at ucla.edu wrote:

> Patch to recognize VK_LMENU and VK_RMENU in alt-key combos (bug 4685)

> This patch looks for VK_LMENU and VK_RMENU in addition to VK_MENU when dealing
> with ALT-key combo messages. This is the easiest way to add this functionality,
> but arguably not the cleanest.

> 2006-03-21 Thomas Kho <tkho at ucla.edu>

> * dlls/x11drv/keyboard.c
> x11drv: recognize VK_LMENU and VK_RMENU in ALT-key combos

I'm sorry but this is further away from native, not closer. I just made
some tests, and native sets/clears VM_MENU whenever right or left ALT is
pressed/depressed. So we should be doing the same thing. Btw exactly the
same thing happens with CONTROL & SHIFT.

I will try to send these tests today-tomorrow. But you could try that
yourself using SendInput().

Vitaliy Margolen