[Wine] getting apps in wine to access a network computer

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Jan 24 05:46:20 CST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 23:48 -0600, orosman wrote:
> I've installed a windows application in wine. To use it properly, I
> need it to access a server/pc on the network. How do I do this? Please
> help. I'm using ubuntu linux 11.10?

Run the server on the same PC. Check that all is well by looking to see
that using nmap or lsof to see that the server is listening on the
expected port. "nmap localhost" lists the active ports. Running "sudo
lsof" gives huge amounts of output, so try "sudo lsof |less" and look at
the info under the server's name.

When the server is running, simply configure your Wine app to look for
it on 'localhost'.

Martin