[Wine] How to create servers in low ports

anto12358 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 15 15:11:24 CST 2012

I want my Windows application to be able to listen on any port, but by default only root can create servers on ports <1024. As far as I know authbind doesn't work with Wine (and never will), and I can't redirect packets to a higher port with a firewall rule, because the Windows application (uTorrent) "tells" the other peers which port is listening on.

Making wineserver suid root would work? Is this the cleanest/only way?