[Wine] Re: Gothic 3 - problem with start menu

Rico wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 22 02:30:15 CST 2011

Hartmut Figge wrote:
> Hartmut Figge:
> After replacing the d3dx9_36.dll nothing seems to have changed. I have
> uploaded g3_log_3.txt to http://www.triffids.de/pub/wine/gothic_3/ and
> partly commented it. The comments can easily be found by searching for '# '.

As your log shows, wine still uses the builtin d3dx9_36.dll. And your setup mostly won't work for dlls which wine ships. You forgot to set the dll to native in winecfg (Tab: Libraries) or on the command line (e.g. WINEDLLOVERRIDES=d3dx9_36=n , see http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/x258). If you don't know how, you might use winetricks to install d3dx9_36.dll, which does the steps needed for you.