[Wine] Re: How to access optical drive (cd, dvd)?

Wintershade wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 21 05:06:05 CDT 2011

Bryan, thanks for the quick reply. However, I am aware that I need to set this up in winecfg, as I have mentioned in the first post.
The problem is that, since I'm using udev (rather than HAL, or any other method) to mount my removable drives, I don't have a /media/cdrom directory or anything like that.

When I insert a CD/DVD, it gets mounted under the path /media/<DVD label>, where <DVD label> is a dynamic name which changes according to the label of the respective DVD.

So if I assign a WINE drive "letter" to one specific DVD like that, no other DVD will work because no other DVD will be mounted under that name. :(

Any other ideas?