[Wine] Re: This could be a multiple supplier problem

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 19 21:33:28 CDT 2010

A Nonny Moose wrote:

> Simcity 4 is a legacy program written (released) in 2002.  It knows nothing from modern paging techniques, etc.  It fails if you have any special graphics funtions turned on in your GPU.  It doesn't even understand anti-aliasing.  Multiple processors kill it, and it crashes to the desktop.  If there is any kind of memory or virtual memory hiccup, it crashes to the desktop.

I've been playing SimCity 4 Deluxe off and on for a couple of years in Wine. I bind the process to one core and run it in a virtual desktop. No crashes, and the only graphical issue I have is the occasional flickering tooltips, which is known to be a problem with nvidia cards.

The command I use to start it:

Code:
taskset -c 0 env WINEPREFIX=/home/dimesio/sc4 wine '/home/dimesio/sc4/drive_c/Program Files/Maxis/SimCity 4 Deluxe/simcity 4.exe' -d:opengl -intro:off