[Wine] Compiling wine on 64 bit Linux Mint Debian Edition

mintyfresh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 29 20:05:23 CST 2010

Hiya,

I'm trying to get the 32 bit development library files so that I can compile wine on linux mint debian edition (64 bit).  I've noted all the scripts and instructions, but none seem to apply to my distro.  I'm kind of nooby with linux but not incompetent.

The error I get is, predictably:

error: Cannot build a 32-bit program, you need to install 32-bit development libraries.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Again, running 64 bit LMDE.

Thanks in advance