[Wine] Microsoft .Net 2.0

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 10 13:04:12 CST 2009

>@James,
>
>Sorru I have misworded my response...
>
>I AM USING WINETRICKS!

This was not stated and we cannot assume what you are doing.  Bad Business Practice!  :)

>I selected 1.1, 2.0, 2.0 SP and 3.0.
>
>1.1 and 2.0 installed fine.
>
>2.0 SP crashed and killed wine.

This may be a known problem.  I have not attempted to install SP1 for .NET 2.0.  I remember the presence of a Bug report for this.

>I mean it killed wine... I get that same error message with ANY software I tried >to install afterwards.

Sorry to say, but you will have to start over again with a clean .wine directory (hopefully you were using a different 'bottle' or WINEPREFIX.)  I always do the following (in a terminal session) when testing new software:

[code]
$ export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine_test
wine notepad
winetricks dotnet2.0