[Wine] Re: Lego Star Wars and Spore are running slow suddenly.

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 17 07:08:01 CST 2008

Bad news padsp only works as a performance work around with pulseaudio with some versions of it.  Yep check what you system has updated.  Try sound disabled in winecfg ie all drivers unticked.

I would expect a war would cause a lot of audio to go threw pulse audio quicky.   Some versions of pulseaudio  have the nasty side effect of  causing long lasting CPU load to
after a stack of audio goes threw it.

Compiz defects are creative.  Disable Compiz then restart X11 by some means.  Only way to be sure its not upto anything.

Next is kernel glxinfo and make sure direct rendering is there.   Yes I have seen cases where updating Ubuntu ends up back on the old nv driver with software rendering.