[Wine] WoW - WotLK - install is a hassle :(

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 09:01:26 CST 2008

>Not sure if it works but i upgraded my account on the website and am ussung the blizzard downloader to install the game / bypassing the DVD reading problem - this is the fix for people who dont own a dvd drive.

{Been lurking, following the situation with installing World of Warcraft from supplied media}

There is an inovative solution to the problem!

However, the basic problem remains that the DVD media is not readable by an ordinary user with the default settings for the DVD device under Ubuntu.  This needs to be addressed by Ubuntu support as there is nothing the Wine team can do until this is corrected/updated.

James McKenzie