[Wine] game starts to load, then dumps to desktop

upchucky wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 11 09:56:16 CDT 2008

I am on a
dell xps genII
2.0 mghz
2 gig ram
nvidia 6800 ultra
glx =12,000fps without games running

running ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron
Wine 1.0

I have City of Heroes, and Guild Wars both running flawlessly.

I installed and downloaded all the patches for
Pirates of the Burning Sea
this game uses the same engine and pig files as city of heroes.

I can log in to the game, but when it starts the actual game launcher to play, it is silently dumping me to my desktop.

I need to know how to log the errors if any, and need the commands to try to start the game from the CLI.

meaning do i start it from the command prompt with the gdm not running, and if so how do i do that