[Wine] Wayward Directories

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Nov 22 21:21:50 CST 2007

On Thursday November 22 2007 19:16, David Baron wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2007, L. Rahyen wrote:
> > On Thursday November 22 2007 18:33, David Baron wrote:
> > > Seems that any program that has a default data directory, or previously
> > > selected directory preserved, has the directory duplicated/nested:
> > >
> > > That data is in c:\mystuff\mydata
> > > It is shown as c:\mystuff\mydata\mydata
> > >
> > > The files appear and maybe can be read. Any attempt to write produces
> > > an error (obviously, there is no such directory). Some programs will
> > > crash/abort wine trying to navigate this stuff.
> > >
> > > This is a problem in recent wine (running Debian Sid). Programs ran
> > > correctly before. Bug?
> >
> > 	Is there any program that shows this behavior? Is it freely
> > downloadable? Personally, I have used 10+ Windows program in last few
> > days with current git and didn't noticed such problem.
>
> abcmus is free and is doing this.

	I have tried it and cannot reproduce.
	Try this:

mv ~/.wine{,.backup}
wineprefixcreate
wine setup.exe
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/AbcMus2/
wine abcmus.exe

	Does this help? If yes then there is no bug in WINE.
	If you still have this problem can you give step-by-step way to reproduce it
with AbcMus 2.0?

	Thank you for using WINE.