[Wine] Should I report my problem in Bugzilla? Outcast problem.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Nov 6 23:10:07 CST 2007

On Tuesday November 6 2007 17:27, Austin English wrote:
> This is a frequent problem, that's hard to resolve. The problem is
> that the libraries you have installed are 'too new' and the configure
> file isn't recognizing them. Not too much you can do, other than
> trying to compile a newer version, and/or downgrading your entire
> system. If you have a spare machine/partition, you could try
> installing hoary/breezy and see if it will compile there.

	Actually this isn't big trouble. By doing few reverse regression tests I was
able to find what patches I need to apply to wine-0.9 to compile it
successfully on modern system (see my answer to Remi G. for more
information).
	I think that we should have instructions explaining how to do reverse
regression tests (for example in http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting ).
This may help users to solve such problems without asking for help at
wine-users.
	I can prepare such instructions for the wiki. But I have no idea how to do
this, I even don't know what tags I need to use in text. If anyone can help
with this, please contact with me privately and we discuss details. Thanks.