[Wine] Weatherscope mouse button issues

Ryan May rmay at ou.edu
Thu Mar 15 07:49:17 CDT 2007

Declan Moriarty wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 18:54 -0500, Ryan May wrote:
>
>> So to be clear, when right-clicking and selecting properties and the
>> dialog pops up, you can interact with it right away?  On my system, when
>> I do this, I need to click once (anywhere) before I can work with the
>> dialog.  Before I click, the cursor becomes a no sign (circle with
>> diagonal line through it) any time it is over a UI element, which to me
>> signals invalid drag-and-drop.  This is with usb optical mouse on Gentoo
>> AMD64 with wine-0.9.32.  I checked your xorg.conf info, and the only
>> difference here is that protocol is set to "Auto".  (I'll check if
>> IMPS/2 makes a difference when I get a chance.)
>
> I repeat that I have no data on disk or coming in. The check I am doing
> is File/new_graph/Right click on Tdew or Tair. I am getting the
> behaviour you describe above but didn't conceive it as the problem. It's
> a minor irritation. No any sign of drag & drop behaviour or boxes drawn
> by the cursor, like your first mail mentioned.

When I first start it, I've got a map of Oklahoma that I can play with.

"Drag and drop" might be the wrong term to use, I'm not sure.  I call it
that since when you have multiple items on the left bar, you can drag
them around to change their ordering (affecting what is drawn on top).
This is an annoyance, b/c when I change properties (ex. changing what
radar is being displayed for a particular item), I end up reshuffling
things around.  While not a major bug by any means and Weatherscope is
still very much usable, there is clearly something going wrong here.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant