[Wine] Renoise + wine

Piotr Stolc gmane at soclab.eu.org
Tue Mar 21 08:42:21 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to run Renoise 1.5.2 (http://www.renoise.com) under wine. It
works OK, but it has big problem with performance while playing music
when it scrolls the track - there are clicks etc. just like running it on
a too slow CPU.

Renoise uses DX 8. I discovered that changing display bit depth from 24 to
16 improves the performance a lot (but it is still horrible, comparing to
Windows on the same machine and I want to run X in 24bit depth). The
problem resolves after changing WindowMaker's workspace to another one
while playing track - but then the program is uncontrollable ;)

I've tried to run Renoise under wine on two different machines and three
graphics controllers (onboard i815, Riva TNT and Ati Radeon 9250), on
Debian unstable and Gentoo 2006.0 and wine versions from 0.9.5 to 0.9.10 -
and the problem still exists.

I don't know where to search for help or hints so I ask for it here -
maybe I misconfigured something in X.org or wine.

TIA

--
s.