[Wine] Re: Success! Autocad 2000

Ron Thompson webmaster at plansandprojects.com
Fri Jun 30 09:35:50 CDT 2006

> That's good to hear.  What version of wine are you using, and did you have
> to do anything else funny besides copying those dll's?
>
> For what it's worth, I think the appdb mentioned copying the dlls:
> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=102 but it says lots of
> other stuff, too.
The stuff I read said they used wine 0.9.8, so I removed the current
version and installed that one. But after getting it to work, I updated
wine to 0.9.16 and it still works. I set the windows version to win98.
I think the whole problem was a missing path command, so copying the files
eliminated the need for it.
I still can't get Autocad 2002 to load, though. But 2000 is better than
nothing.
Good luck! It was very frustrating.
--

Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)