[Wine] Cannot uninstall wine; failed dependencies

sir_k_88 at hotmail.com sir_k_88 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 16:00:44 CDT 2006

I recently installed SuSE 10.1 for the first time (I'm completely new
to Linux).

Wine was installed with it, but i'm not sure what version, or what
directory it was installed to.

To be safe I thought it'd be best for me to uninstall wine completely,
and reinstall the latest version.

I went to what I think is the correct directory (/usr/lib/) and did
'make uninstall wine' and got the error message :

make: ***No rule to make target 'uninstall'. Stop.

So instead i tried 'rpm -e wine' in the same directory, and got the
following error message:

error: Failed dependencies:
        libwine.so.1 is needed by (installed)
xmms-plugins-1.2.10-44.i586

Could anybody tell me how to fix this so i can uninstall wine.

Thanks.