[Wine] explorer.exe 100% kernel time? (SOLVED)

Flying wu_yinghui at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 10:34:09 CST 2006

> Message: 8 Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:22:53 +0100 From: Alexander
> Nicolaysen S?rnes <alex at thehandofagony.com> Subject: Re: [Wine]
> explorer.exe 100% kernel time? To: wine-users at winehq.org Message-ID:
> <200612121522.53927.alex at thehandofagony.com>
>
> I don't think he meant upgrading Wine, he meant compiling Wine from
> source.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alexander N. Sørnes

Thanks for your prompt! Indeed, if I manually compile from source and
install, the explorer.exe instance no longer takes up 100% CPU time.

But strangely enough though, even I built from source using "apt-get
--build source wine" (as what the official WINE HQ page suggests me to
do), the same explorer.exe problem occurred. I could only resolve this
problem by downloading the tarball source and manually configure + make
+ make install.

So my question is: Could this be a problem with a specific problem with
Ubuntu version of WINE (this seems to be a problem not only in the
binary package, but also in the source package). How shall I inform the
maintainer about this?

Cheers,

Freddie

--