[Wine]WineTools 2.0.8 released

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Dec 30 16:16:15 CST 2004

Am Mi, Dez 29, 2004 at 08:13:55 -0500 schrieb Adam D:
> Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I just wanted to thank you for releasing your wonderful WineTools 2.0.8. I?m sure you have spent a lot of time working on it, and we have to keep that in mind. Excellent work!

Thanks! I love compliments ;-)

> I did install Winetools in wine-20041201 environment, and it seems to be doing what is expected. WineTools 2.0.8 did detect my wine path and it created the right folders in the right place and, it certainly helped me progress (not completely) in trying to install some of my programs. I copied the config file for running programs too. However, I still had to launch winesetup after installing Winetools and also, in order to deal with an ikernel.exe launching failure during a program installation, there was a need of adding some commands such as:

Did you use WineTools? All the things you mentioned are done by
WineTools. As it tells you at the program start there are some
prerequisites:

- you have to start with the complete Base setup during a new .wine
  directory is created; if you already have one, move it away before;
  don't use your old one - you will not have success

- you *must not* change anythng in the config until you finished the
  Base setup and installed the software supported by the WineTools menu!

Then you should be able to install IE6 and Office without any struggle.
For those of you who want different language versions to be supported by
WineTools, please mail me

- exact path to download the binary
- program name, version and language

and it will be included in the next version of WineTools.

> WINEDLLOVERRIDES=?ole32=n? wine dcom98.exe in /root/winetools/sys/ console where dcom98.exe resides,

This is done by WineTools!

> WINEDLLOVERRIDES=?ole32, oleaut32, rpcrt4=n? wine program-setup-name.exe in /home/username/tmp/ console where the install program resides.

This is normaly not needed. WineTools uses this for IE6 setup. You don't
have to do it on your own. What else should WineTools be for?

> I had to use these steps (command 1 followed by command 2) picked-up from google in order to progress in my installation. No success yet, but I will keep trying. For some unknown reason, the program I tried to install as well as IE itself just sat around half way of the installation and never finished. I don?t know why or what happened. Maybe some one here has some idea.

You will not have success with this because you also need a tampered
config for IE6 to install. WineTools takes care about that for you.

> Anyway, the main purpose here is to thank you for your great work and also, to give you some feedback.

Hmmm, I think you never really used it! If you do you will not have to
google around. Just follow the steps.

Regards
	Joachim
--