Lotus Notes 5.09 which wine?

Aleksander Kujbida akujbida at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 08:34:07 CST 2003

Hello Kevin,
     Thanks for the info, glad to hear someone has gone back through the
wines, so I won't waste time there. I don't really understand your comments
about dll's, wish I didn't have to! I'll try copying from Windows, which
looks better everytime I install something on Linux ;->  Results will be
posted.

Sincerely,
Aleksander

>From: Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte at yahoo.com>
>To: Aleksander Kujbida <akujbida at hotmail.com>, wine-users at winehq.com
>Subject: Re: Lotus Notes 5.09 which wine?
>Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 05:34:59 -0800 (PST)
>
>Aleksander,
>
>Well I just went thru this activity last week and I
>went as far back as a Sept 2002 build and all the way
>to CVS current and I could not find a version of Wine
>that would allow me to install Notes. I used to have a
>version dated 20010710 I believe that worked, but I
>can't find it anymore, too old I guess. So what I
>ended up doing is using CVS current. And installing
>Notes 5.0.11 until it gave an error and then killing
>the WINE process. That way Notes does not roll back
>the install. I then installed Notes on a Windows
>machine and copied c:\Lotus\Notes from the windows
>machine to my fake win c:\Lotus\Notes ->
>/wine/c/Lotus/Notes and then ran wine nlnotes.exe and
>it seems to work. Although I am unable to print. The
>problem of the install is caused by the regsvr32
>program or the API underneath it. Gives something
>about a heap error. I'll try and recreate the error
>message and post it to the list. The LTOUIN22.dll dll
>is installed, but does not look like it is registered
>with Wine and using regsvr32 to register the DLL
>causes wine, but not wineserver to crash. This is why
>you get those not found errors.
>
>Kevin
>
>--- Aleksander Kujbida <akujbida at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >       Lotus Notes doesn't install anymore, now that
> > I up(?)graded to RH9
> > from RH8, and the latest wine. Can anyone tell me
> > which wines work for Notes
> > 5.09?
> >
> > Alternatively, are there any special settings to
> > make to get it installed
> > under wine-20031016?

[snip]