wine serial support

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Sun Sep 16 11:56:22 CDT 2001

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 11:32:06 -0300, Raul Dias <chaos at swi.com.br>
wrote:
<snip>
>>unclear if this fails. Using +relay trace could get you this
>>information (WriteFile returns 0 if it fails)
>
>I sent it in my preivously mail.

I must have missed a mail.
All I can see is a --debugmsg +comm,+file

>>Comparing the trace for the older (working) Wine version with
>>the (failing) current version is often interesting, too.
>
>I didn't generate a second log because the first one already got
>too long.  If it still necessary, let me know.

Look at where the trace differ and post this part.

Posting traces requires more or less a basic understanding
of what the Win32 Api calls are doing when the problems
are not trivial, because the trace files are too big to post :
I get often 100 MB trace files or bigger. So the poster
needs some intuition to cut the interesting part.

Using cvs as explained in documentation/cvs-regression
is the best way someone without any understanding of C
code can help tracking a regression.

Alternately, you can post a full trace on a web page, but
this requires someone understanding Win Api to download
and read the trace.

Gerard