Games (D3D)?

Michael Pearce chuzwuzza at ematic.com
Tue Mar 20 03:00:14 CST 2001

Godsbrother wrote:

> I Have a question reference opengl support too :)
> i have downloaded and installed the rpm version of Codeweavers Wine latest
> build then found a article saying that doing this doesnt enable opengl
> support ??
> and to download source which i have done now before i do anything daft
> anyone know wether i have to remove thr rpm package or how i install the
> source tar file (I know how to un tar it by the way) because i cant find
> and install guide and don't want to bugger anyting up.. cheers

yes, you should remove the rpm you installed
type "rpm --erase packagename" the packagename is probably "wine" or
something

then to install the tar source,
untar it, and cd into the directory it created.
type "./configure --enable-opengl"

after this point, what i did was run "./tools/wineinstall" which builds and
installs and does everything.
alternatively, you can run "make" then "make install"

after youve done that, edit the ~/.wine/config file so all the settings are
good for your system. in particular, you might want to set the
desktop_double_buffered option to "Y".

then run "wine program.exe" and you should have a working program with
opengl support.

if not, ask someone who knows more than me =)