ntoskrnl status

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Tue Jun 20 02:51:54 CDT 2006

* On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Mike McCormack wrote:
> * Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> >
> > > http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine seems to be more oriented at making
> > > patches, not importing a patch made by someone else.
>
> > $ cat origin_sd1.diff | patch -p1
> > $ tools/make_requests
> > $ git commit -a -m "ntoskrnl: Experimental implementation."
>
> If the patch is created with "git format-message", you can use "git am
> origin_sd1.diff" to add it to your tree.  'am' applies a mailbox, which is a
> series of patches and their commit info.

Nice, thanks Mike.

BTW, my "tutorial" won't work well, because after the "patch" cmd no one
instructs git to add newly created files to a repository.  So my answer
should be enchanced.  I've just accidentally found a command to replace
"patch", it's "git-apply".  Unfortunately it doesn't add newly created
files for me, thus I change my advise this way:

$ cat origin_sd1.diff | patch -p1 | awk '{print $3}' | xargs git-update-index --add