Linux noob

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 08:02:02 CDT 2006

Kuba Ober wrote:
> > I'm annoyed that .wine is inaccessible through KDE and Gnome apps.
>
> It is accessible all right. You just don't know how to get there.

Please insert relevant context when quoting.  You're obviously
misrepresenting what I said, turning it into something completely
else, and then answering it.

That serves no purpose (other than annoying me).

> > Not through the file manager, but often in various applications.
>
> nope. Unless you're talking about some very broken applications that I didn't
> come across yet.

Apparently, I am.

AFAIR, I even had a crash in one app.

> > It's not wine's fault per se that those apps lack a "show hidden
> > folders" option

Never said so.

> KDE applications hopefully use KDE's open/save dialog, and there it's a matter
> of pressing F8 to hide/unhide hidden files.

Nice.

> I.e. no big deal.

Right, slightly annoying but no big deal, as is often the case in open source.