wine's fullscreen code has no effect on metacity

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+d41d at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 12:23:09 CDT 2006

I've enabled that key combination, and I can now make gedit fullscreen
with alt+f11 so I think that's working properly (this is nifty; wonder
how I missed it..).

Pressing alt+f11 when windows firefox thinks it's in fullscreen mode
has no effect. xprop shows no _NET_WM_STATE.

However, it does work (sort of) if I press it when firefox is not in
fullscreen mode, except that I can see part of the bottom panel (but
can't interact with it; I assume it's really firefox's window there
but firefox hasn't drawn anything). xprop does show
_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN when I do that.

I'm not aware of anything different about how wine sets fullscreen
from other programs that I know work with metacity (I've compared the
source code and as far as I can tell it's identical, unless wine is
doing something else I'm not aware of).

--
Vincent Povirk