Question about X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormatglXChooseFBConfig returns NULL (glError: 0)

Joseph Garvin k04jg02 at kzoo.edu
Mon Jan 2 00:56:41 CST 2006

Segin wrote:

> Joseph Garvin wrote:
>
>> OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 6.3.2
>

> Mesa is a SOFTWARE RENDERER i.e. your CPU does 100% of the work. Only
> has real preformance on a sparc64 system with 8 CPUs, each at least
> 2.5GHz

No, when you're using the builtin drivers it still says Mesa even though
it's accelerated:

prophet at ubuntu:~$ glxinfo | grep render
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Rage 128 20041026 AGP 4x

Tuxracer and Neverball are both playable. They're not playable with
software rendering on my Athlon XP 3000+ desktop, let alone on this P3
800 laptop.