wine-0.9.8 and Lotus Notes 6.5.1

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Thu Feb 23 12:28:02 CST 2006

Hello,

just wanted to report my wine experience with Lotus Notes 6.5.1:

I run Lotus Notes with wine since a long time. What I notices with wine-0.9.8
(though this was present in a few releases before but not in all releases):

-> Wine is noticalby faster than the snapshot 200412xx
-> I need to select win98 to get the file select box working
-> I need to set WINEDLLOVERRIDES="usp10=n"
-> Cut and paste between X and wine applications works only when selecting the
appropriate entry in KDE's klipper. Previously, that worked transparently,
when specifying "UsePrimary" = "1" in the [Clipboard] config stanza
-> The file select box shows for folders the symbol of files, e.g.

Compare

rd at silverboxy:~/test$ ls -l
insgesamt 4
drwxr-xr-x  2 rd rd 4096 2006-02-23 17:08 dir
-rw-r--r--  1 rd rd    0 2006-02-23 17:08 file
rd at silverboxy:~/test$

with the attachment, which shows a screenshot of the file select box.

Regards,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch