Regression in wine-0.9.8

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Mon Feb 20 09:43:29 CST 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 16:05, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> On Monday 20 February 2006 13:12, Daniel Skorka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > wine-0.9.8 has a regression with the Max Payne demo. The demo worked
> > fine in 0.9.7, however the following is broken in 0.9.8:
> > Once you have started the application and begun playing (by selecting
> > Tutorial or New Game or Load) the game crashes as soon as you hit 'Esc'
> > (to get to the menu) or 'F5' (to do a quicksave). Here are the relevant
> > logs:
>
> The problem is caused by my d3d8 -> wined3d rewrite. I already submitted a
> fix for it before 0.9.8 got out but was merged afterwards. It should work
> fine in the latest cvs version I think.
>
> Regards,
> Roderick

I have tested the demo on my dev tree and it works except for missing textures
due to my latest patch. I'm aware of the small regression and it will be
fixed in the future. Although the regression makes max payne less playable,
it fixed lots of directx 8.1 sdk samples and some others. When the transition
is complete I hope it works fine again. (not all texture code has been ported
yet)

Roderick