About irp framework for safedisc support

ivanleo at gmail.com ivanleo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 04:19:36 CDT 2006

On 30/04/06, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know about what is required for the irp framework to
> be implemented for wine.
Well we never actually wrote a real irp queue system, we simply had a
single irp stack allocated irp struct that we recycled for each call.
The whole thing works quite well, the only real issue is that
Alexandre decided last December he didn't like the idea of using named
pipes for ntdll to ntoskrnl IPC (ntosknrl runs as an independent
process), and wanted the whole thing rewritten using the wineserver
portocol, which is sort of time consuming and I won't be able to do it
before summer. If you want to look over it I can send you what we
currently have.

Ivan.