Conformity testing

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Sat Apr 29 17:53:13 CDT 2006

Robert Lunnon wrote:
> I've graduated to using winetest and have a question.   From what I understand
> winetest is a conformity tool, and therefore wine will not always pass
Not realy, the theory says that the tests on Wine have always to
succeed. If not they should be enclosed by a todo_wine {}.
But that's the theory, the pratice tells that some of the tests are very
picky on the enviroment (X and audio drivers, fonts, history of the
$HOME/.wine directory). I've just run make test and it directly failed
in dlls/advapi32. On a second run it passed that test but failed
(permanently) in riched20/editor.c. After manualy touching editor.ok it
failed again in user/menu.c. As that tree is based on the mmbranch i'm
not digging deeper as i do not know if Mike runs the tests too before
commiting.

> everything. The question is, how do I know what works under linux but doesn't
> under Solaris so I can identify what I need to work on for Solaris ?
Get a Linux box and try it out yourself.

> PS I want to do this without having another box with lnux on it
That makes it more work. As i said the tests should all pass on Linux
but i guess that happens only on Alexandre's box.

bye
	michael
--
Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart