What's in mmbranch

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 07:37:47 CDT 2006

Mike McCormack wrote:
> Here's the list of patches on top of Alexandre's "origin" in my public
> Wine tree.  You can pull the branch more easily after setting it up as
> follows:
>
> cat > .git/remotes/mmbranch <<EOF
> Pull: refs/heads/master:refs/heads/mmbranch
> EOF
>
> Do the above once, then pull the branch with:
>
> git fetch mmbranch
> git pull . mmbranch

Eep.  Cogito on Gentoo is broken:
====================
# cg clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-git
[ ... snip ...]
# cd wine-git
# cg-branch-add mmbranch http://mandoo.dyndns.org/wine.git
Fetching head...
Fetching objects...
/usr/bin/cg-fetch: line 152: git-http-fetch: command not found
cg-fetch: objects fetch failed

While Cogito's syntax is definitely broken ("cg clone" vs.
"cg-branch-add" eg.), I do find that it's still much much better than
Git's.  I've played with getwinegit.sh too, but I don't think it can
fetch branches.

If it's not too much work for you, could you set up git:// access to
your branch?
I think that would work better with Cogito..