Web forums - simple suggestion

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:43:16 CDT 2006

Jeremy White wrote:
> > Of the problems mentioned at:
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/41377
> >
> > your idea provides a solution for 1, 2, 3 and 4.  That's of course really nice.
> > It doesn't have a solution for 7, which is something I think will be missed.
>
> And 5, and 6, and 8.

Yes, ok.

> And at the bottom of the 'subscribe' page for Google groups is a nifty
> link that reads:
>
>   New! Get email alerts of messages containing specific keywords.
>
> So I think that 7 is covered as well;

That's not quite the same, I'd say.

> you can also click on the
> little star to watch a particular topic via the web page.

But you still have to manually go back and check the web page.

0 points out of 10 goes to Google's implementation of item #7 :-)...

> Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien. / Better is the enemy of good.

Funny, I thought mieux was honey.  No wonder I was getting strange looks?

Ahem.  Right, it might not make sense to spend a lot of time
implementing something if Google Groups is OK, and there's a decent
chance that they'll add a proper 'cc me on this topic' feature before
we ever finish our own implementation.