Re-proposal: web forums

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 10:11:02 CDT 2006

On 4/22/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> If your goal is to make sure that the average person can
> get answers to his or her questions about Wine, that's
> a noble enterprise.   I would prefer a solution that doesn't
> have the reliability and usability problems of the current crop of
> web forums.  I would also prefer an evidence-based approach
> to demonstrating the problem(s) with the current situation.
> "Some people prefer web forums" is not sufficient evidence.

We could have a Support/Questions section on winehq.org where a user
can enter a question or comment, as they would on wine-users had they
the time or knowledege of the ML, along with his/her email address.
The question would be forwarded to wine-users, and any replies would
also reply to the given email address.  Sound reasonable?

--
James Hawkins