Release plans

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Sep 30 07:51:03 CDT 2005

Folks,

I just released 20050930, this should be considered the pre-0.9
release, so please give it some good testing. In particular, please
test the things that new users will encounter first, like the
automatic .wine creation and winecfg.

Even if you normally build from source, please for once try the binary
package for your distro and check if you spot anything the packager is
doing wrong.

Bugzilla has had a good cleanup lately (thanks guys!) and most of the
irrelevant bugs have been closed, so please have a look at the
remaining ones to see if there's anything you know how to fix.

We also still need many documentation updates, so please consider
helping with that.

If you have scripts that handle releases, now is the time to ensure
they can cope with a version number not in the YYYYMMDD format...

If all goes well, and if the documentation is updated by then, the
real 0.9 should be released in a couple of weeks.  In the meantime we
should consider ourselves in a code freeze, so please don't submit new
features or large changes, only small bug fixes will be allowed in.

Thanks everybody for your help, it has been a long trip but we are
getting there...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org