KERNEL: force copying of DOS-style path into argv[0] of PE process (was: Re: Queries about some 'usability' points) - partially fixes #3542

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 22:11:43 CST 2005

On 10/31/05, Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at gmail.com> wrote:
> So could we have a program or launcher in wine to launch programs the
> "windows" way?

Just to let ya'll know, I've found winefile.exe will execute programs
the "windows" way, and LogicWorks does work launching from it.  Er...
it launches, but it's buggy with mfc now =/

On the windows side, I've found that start.exe using it from the
command line doesn't put in the full path in either.  So the only
thing I know of is explorer for the correct behavior, under WinXP.

I still don't know the best way to go with launching programs with
'wine'.  There really isn't anything analogous to it in windows.
Maybe we need to get people to start using some wine shell program or
associate the wine command with some shell, like cmd or explorer.
Maybe choose using environment variable?

Jesse