wine overstepping the mark?

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Sat Oct 29 14:16:30 CDT 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:39:28 +0200, Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> /etc/init.d/wine

thanks for pointing that out. I dont have the wine script and it seems we
now need to mount the pseudo-fs if we want it.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-August/msg02587.html

In any case I'd rather keep tabs on these things and only have them start
explicitly.

Anything even remotely windows related gets very short reign on my Linux
box.

As wine gets to be a fuller and fuller functional simulation of windows at
some stage we are going to open the door to a whole universe of
virus/trogan/worm shyte.

I am not going to wait till that happens to bolt the barn door.

Thanks for the info.