STI on wine: progress + help

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Thu Oct 13 01:17:55 CDT 2005

Damjan Jovanovic wrote:

> The problem seems to be that after running for a
> couple of seconds, all the file system calls like
> ioctl() start failing with EBADF (bad file
> descriptor). Is there something other than
> wine_server_fd_to_handle() I have to do? The scanning
> application I am testing uses multiple threads and
> several processes.

Once you register the handle with wine_server_fd_to_handle(), you need
to use wine_server_handle_to_fd() to access it again.

If you're already doing that, you may have a handle leak and be running
out of file descriptors.  You need to make sure to close the handle you
receive from wine_server_handle_to_fd(), as the returned value is a
dup'd unix file handle.

Mike