GTA installer - hidden message boxes [ user32 ]

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Sun Oct 9 01:47:39 CDT 2005

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 08:47:09 +0200, Vijay Kiran Kamuju
<infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:

> well some times, things that ont work in normal mode, do work in desktop
> mode
>
> There is an old bug, the dialog boxes getiing behind the main window

I get similar behaviour on an InstallShield based installer.

It appears that there is a bug in showmodal dialog boxes not coming to the
top of the z-order. They are typically left behind a window of the same
app within wine.

They are generally still accessible via the keyboard (Esc, Enter, etc.) if
you can guess the correct responce, or sometimes Alt-Tab can bring them
up. None of which actually fixes anything but it can help as a work-around.

This bug is very old , I can recall this going back at least a year, it
seems odd that such an important bug has not been adressed.

;)