page fault on 0x7ffe02d8

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Oct 5 23:10:52 CDT 2005

Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 9:24:00 PM, Robert Reif wrote:
> I am getting this exception:

> Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x7ffe02d8 in 32-bit
> code (0x51102a96).

> and I found this in winternal.h:

#if (_WIN32_WINNT >>= 0x0501)
> #define INTERNAL_TS_ACTIVE_CONSOLE_ID ( *((volatile ULONG*)(0x7ffe02d8)) )
> #endif /* (_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0501) */

> Should something be allocating memory for this?

0x7ffe0000 is SharedUserData that is present on all NT+ systems. It's format
only documented in DDK for kernel address space and only for some first several values.
This structure keeps growing as I understand and no one except MS knows what's
all in it. We do need this structure for some programs that use it. The trick
is, that it's in the space allocated with read only access (for user programs).
And marked as private. I think we'll have to do something like that. And update
from the server.

Vitaliy