PATCH: dlls/winsock/socket.h portability fix

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Mon Nov 21 14:17:06 CST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> ChangeLog:
>> On some systems like FreeBSD, EAI_NODATA is defined in <lwres/netdb.h>,
>> so include this if present.
> Why isn't it in netdb.h?

On recent version of FreeBSD (5.3 and later, which are required to run
Wine), /usr/include/netdb.h has the following snippet:

  #if 0
  /* obsoleted */
  #define EAI_NODATA       7      /* no address associated with hostname */
  #endif

I did some archeology, and for earlier versions of FreeBSD the definition
in netdb.h indeed was used, and in fact the reference to EAI_NODATA under
/usr/include.

> And if we get it from lwres shouldn't we then link to liblwres?

One would indeed expect that, but according to my tests it's not needed.

Gerald