MBR was destroyed

seorge seorge at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 01:49:12 CST 2005

I've just submitted a bug (3889) about destroyed MBR and Dustin Navea asked me
to subscribe to this list.
Here comes some detailed description:

As a regular user I've launched winecfg as a regular user, then proceeded to
the dist setup. I've tried several options like automatic configuration,
manual configuration. Then I've tried to change some drive letters manually.
After reboot a "PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT" message appeared instead of a GRUB
screen.
Next time I booted with grub-floppy and then restored the MBR with
grub-install /dev/hda.
Please let me know what additional information you need.
It's happend on Slackware 10.2 system, 2.6.14 kernel with ck-3 patches.