CRYPT32/tests: don't crash on win98

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Sun Nov 13 17:49:24 CST 2005

* On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, James Hawkins wrote:
> * On 11/13/05, Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> wrote:
> >
> > As far as we cannot handle exceptions in wine tests easily, this is
> > the only way to make it running successfully.
>
> Is there no way to check what version we're running, and only run
> these if the version is greather than win98?

Of course there is such way.

> This patch removes several tests that do run on NT, which is the version
> we're running at by default now.  You could use a BOOL isNT and set it
> as so:
>
> isNT = GetVersion() < 0x80000000 ? 1 : 0;

Ask Alexandre, not me then. ;-)

AFAIR, he or someone else told me that isNT should be set by testing real
behaviour of API, not by using GetVersion().  As the behaviour difference
materializes itself in a shape of unhandled exception, we should catch it.
Are we able do it in Wine easily?  I think the answer is known.

> or something similar, and then check isNT for tests that fail on win98.

Not only the NT and 9x cases shows the difference.  It may pop up using
different versions of a DLL being tested on the same platform also.

So then we should combine this boolean with a table of versions to know
exactly what we can test w/o catching unhandled xcpts.  Maybe
winetest_ok() function can be the target.  Are you going to incorporate
such table into the tests of every DLL?

Or else our tests will start looking ugly.  I even think some of them
already *are* looking that way. :-/