New eject command issue

Christian Costa titan.costa at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 3 03:54:09 CST 2005

> > FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME :
> > in DIR_unmount_device (in ntdll/directory.c):
> > - unmount_device server call (in fd.c) is called but in unmount_device,
> > the function tries to retreive a device object given the device
> > return by fstat but no device object has been previously created so
> > get_device fails. My understanding is that this server call
> > should closed all fds associated with the device but files stay
> > opened.
>
> It closes them in the server, but it can't close them in the
> client. They are open in the client because your CD has not been
> detected as a removable device so the client doesn't know that it
> shouldn't cache fds.

I will hack FILE_GetDeviceInfo just to make it recognize my cdrom as removable
and try to see if it helps.

However, I don't understand well why forcing the drive as cdrom (instead of relying
on autodetection) is not taken into account. This could be also usefull for ISO images.
Unless this option is planned to be removed !?!

Thx,
Christian