DirectSound problems - dlls/dsound/mixer.c

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue Nov 1 06:13:06 CST 2005

Le mar 01/11/2005 à 05:03, Juergen Wieczorek a écrit :
[snip]
> Dear Vincent,
Hi Juergen,

> I have been rpmbuilding the sources on my FC3 system with the latest
> standard kernel-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3, which like all previous Fedora 2.6.x
> kernels has no support for OSS.

The binary packages were built against kernel-2.6.12-1.1380_FC3, as that
was the latest available on the release date of 0.9.

> My rpm system is:
> rpm-4.3.2-21
> rpm-python-4.3.2-21
> rpm-libs-4.3.2-21
> rpm-devel-4.3.2-21
> rpm-build-4.3.2-21
>
> My installed alsa rpms are:
> alsaplayer-0.99.76-3
> alsa-utils-1.0.6-3
> alsa-lib-1.0.6-8.FC3

You're missing alsa-lib-devel-1.0.6-8.FC3. No wonder you get no sound
with ALSA :)

> I run a few 'non-rpmed' binary packages like Java, LimeWire, a
> homebanking solution and some games, but nothing that IMHO could in such
> a way interfere with the sound system.

Right.

> Correction to my prev posting:
> When the binary wine-0.9 package is installed, I can choose "ALSA" or
> "OSS" in winecfg as sound setting and have sound.
> With the compiled version only "OSS" gives me sound.

See above for missing alsa-lib-devel package.

> For either version:
> When choosing "Automatic" to auto-detect the sound system, both come up
> with "OSS" though it is definitvely not installed.

ALSA comes with OSS emulation, so technically it is "available" for
applications.

> Hitting "Configure" does not work too. I get the message that it "could
> not open wineoss.drv or winealsa.drv", though that may not be
> implemented yet.

Can't answer on that one, my build system doesn't have a sound card for
now :(

Vincent