mscms: unregistered color profiles?

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Dec 23 09:35:46 CST 2005

* On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> * On Friday 23 December 2005 14:11, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> >
> > I see some XP [1] and W2k3 [2] boxes fail on every
> > GetStandardColorSpaceProfileA() using valid parameters until
> > SetStandardColorSpaceProfileA() is called for the first time.  Then
> > all those GetStandardColorSpaceProfileA() tests succeed.
>
> In that case these tests have served their purpose.

Are you sure they have given all they can already?  I am not.

> We should remove them because it is now clear that applications cannot
> depend on any color profile being registered for a standard color space
> in a Windows installation.

Tests confirms such unability only for SPACE_RGB.  To see if that's right
in all other cases we should test all known SPACE_* constants.  No?

OTOH, I am not sure how should behave Wine itself - I guess it is
registering some profiles during Wine installation process now.

And my question remains unanswered - is there a way to unregister standard
color space profile under win32?