Need help debugging a memory corruption bug in shfldr_unixfs.c

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Aug 26 16:03:33 CDT 2005

Hi Andy,

On Friday 26 August 2005 22:26, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Why not use a watchpoint on that location?
> Choose some significant function call a while before the crash,
> have a breakpoint on that function (a DPA related function probably is
> best), check out which infoPtr is the relevant one, then watch on the
> hdpaItems location, i.e. watch *0xsomewhere
> then continue execution until it triggers and you know where the value got
> overwritten.

Thanks for your comments. The problem is that things are really dynamic here.
Every time you double click a folder, the current ShellView object is
destroyed and a new one is created. Given that I have to browse into like 30
different folders before it crashes on me, I can't pin down the relevant
infoPtr.

Thanks,
--
Michael Jung