Safedisc1 CD checks work, it tries to start the game but fails to do so

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Mon Aug 22 20:30:46 CDT 2005

Monday, August 22, 2005, 3:39:22 PM, Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:

> Hello list, here's a little update
> Safedisc1 now successfully passes all anti debugger check, and recognises the CD correctly.
> It then attempts to start the game, but this doesn't work yet because of the nested exception on
> signal stack bug. Hopefully we aren't too far from getting it to run.

BTW that nested exception is caused my wine's (Get|Set)ThreadContext not working
properly on suspended thread. Unfortunately Mike's patch
http://wiki.winehq.org/Make_SetThreadContext_work_properly does not work
properly. I have tried to fix it for some time, but to no avail. The problem
seems that it always returns the same address for eip. I think it is 0xffffe410.
The best way to test that would be winedbg. It always goes back to that address
even when doing stepi.

Vitaliy