IDA Pro regression

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Fri Aug 19 22:16:04 CDT 2005

James Liggett wrote:
> to me some tips for finding the problem? I have considered downgrading
> CVS until I find the problem, but that seems like a *lot* of compiling
> and recompiling. Is there a more efficient way to go about finding the
> cause of the problem?

That's the best way to find the problem.  It's not as bad as you think,
especially if you use ccache and a binary search.

CC="ccache gcc" ./configure

Additionally, the search gets faster and there's less re-compiling as
you narrow it down further.

If you know the problem is only in the comctl32 code, you might be able
to regress that only...

Mike